A robust Content Management System to store, retrieve and archive their library of marine drawings, project plans and execution summaries. Ability to store and retrieve ongoing project management documents like Drawings, POs and Tenders. Document Versioning and Revisioning
Need for Engineering Content Management System
- A centralized digital archive for their library of marine drawings, project plans and execution summaries.
- Share and Distribute ongoing project management documents, drawings, PO’s and tender documents.
- Automatic versioning and revisioning
- Custom-developed modules for managing various high-end engineering projects based on software like Nupas-Cadmatic-Hull, Nupas-Cadmatic-Piping, ABS-TSA, ABS-CSR, NAPA and Shaft Alignment
- Digital library that enables users to save and retrieve technical and engineering projects information
- Export / Import of Project files and content.
A detailed system study, current practices, need for a content management system and requirement analysis was conducted.
Development of custom modules to identify and recognize file types of 3rd party engineering software
Transfer all the existing marine drawings, project plans and execution summaries into Contentverse.
Implement Audit Trails and Content traceability.
Factors for Contentverse ROI
- Export/import of project files from/to Contentverse
- Automatically create and maintain versions each time a export/import is done, thus enabling users to retrieve any previous day’s project work from Contentverse
- Audit Trails for each user action performed on the system
- Complete user/group-based security, so that each user will be able to access only the authorized project/folders within the Contentverse environment
- Drawing files such as AutoCAD files were uploaded and retrieved on daily basis
- Access to the previous version/revision so as to identify and track changes done by other users
Contentverse helps SEDS in managing all their electronic documents efficiently and enabled automation of the Archiving, Sharing, Retrieval, Distribution, and management of documents over a network.
SEDS personnel like the ease and intuitive appeal of Contentverse and the secured archival and retrieval system. Two features SEDS benefited from our content management system were:
Audit Reports for User Activities: Setup a separate report for Contentverse users who are working on Nupas, ABS, NAPA etc. and daily emails sent from the server about user activities.
Disaster Recovery: A Secondary DR Site was established in the Bahamas. Content can be accessed from the DR site in the event of the main DC not being available.