DSC Limited, a global construction giant, brings its rich international experience combined with its plans of infrastructure development to India. DSC Limited started in 1999 and today stands tall involved with projects worth approximately $130 million (Rs 800 crores). As concessionaire, DSC is involved in developing India’s first full-access controlled expressway (Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway), which happens to be the largest Road BOT project. The company is also associated with India’s first privately financed railway projects.
Creating a paperless working environment to cut down expenditure in paper consumption, as well as storage space for construction drawings and documents is essential to DSC. Before implementing Contentverse, DSC’s print volume was 6,000 pages printed per-day.
Some other advantages to using content management software for DSC are:
• Reducing the chances of misplaced documents and delay in document delivery
• Facilitating automation of business communications
• Enhancing internal corporate communications
For addressing the complete documentation management needs of DSC, Syntax offered our Contentverse document management solution. DSC has numerous challenges as a company and Contentverse addressed them efficiently. Contentverse deployed a digital convergence strategy as an ideal knowledge-management solution for DSC’s business needs.
Some needs addressed and solutions for these hurdles include:
- Print and archive numerous construction drawings and documents.
- Decrease daily average of 6,000 pieces of paper
- Eliminate expenditures in paper purchase and container rental for storing construction drawings and documents
- Create a better working environment that increases work efficiency and reduces drain on corporate resources
- Reduce time consumed to deliver documents between corporate offices and construction sites
- File around 800 statutory reports ( a consolidation of inputs from remote site offices)
- Help staff access construction drawings and documents in a fast, secure manner to increase the overall efficiency
- Lessen bandwidth utilization by accessing the central repository; high compression through DjVu
- Quickly implement the ISO9000 and ISO14000 standards
Leave a Comment