Prime HealthCare Group is one of the United Arab Emirate’s leading healthcare service providers. A known brand, its team of over 350 physicians and 1100 supporting quality professionals provide state-of-the-art medical care to the UAE’s citizens. Operating throughout the UAE, the group consists of Prime Hospital, Prime Medical Centers, Premier Diagnostics & medical Center, MediPrime Pharmacies, PrimeCorp Medical Center, and Prime Home Care. The winner of the Annual Health Awards 2018 as ‘Distinguished Hospitals’ & ‘Distinguished Medical Centers’ in the UAE, they looked to enhance their internal operations with even greater efficiencies and cost savings.
All healthcare facilities are required to maintain patient medical records, and other health information for medical purposes, for five years from the date of last treatment. The health record is a legal document that should accurately outline the total needs, care, and management of patients. It facilitates communication and decision making evaluation of care in addition to protecting the legal interests of the patient, healthcare professionals, and the health facility. The supporting operations that enable the provision of these services are equally important. They necessitate the same level of document and processing accountability and proficiency.
Although Prime Healthcare had an in-house Patient Records Management and Hospital Information System, they were looking for a complementing and comprehensive solution that would be able them to:
- Address their Medical Equipment approval processes which were long, complex, manual and tedious. Originating from multiple locations and branches physical documents were transported between locations and branches and then routed to the head office for approval.
- As part of the Approval process, they needed to resolve the ability of staff to approve business processes while out of office or traveling.
- Scan, upload, and store automatically all types of documents, especially Patient Records.
- Facilitate data extraction and information exchange between the new ECM system, their
- existing in-house Patient Records Management and Hospital Information Systems.
- Re-task the Six members of staff dedicated to manually scanning and uploading consent forms.
- Support the automatic import of at least 1000 documents per day and the corresponding number of workflow processes.
Implemented Departments – Contentverse has been implemented in the Accounts, Logistics, IT, Facility, Biomedical, and Nursing departments.
Prime Hospital chose Contentverse solutions based on the following criteria:
- Excellent security and data integrity
- Very powerful and highly accurate automatic batch processing of documents, including scanning, data extraction, and auto filling.
- Ability to easily integrate with Prime’s Patient Records Management and Hospital Information Systems
- Easy workflow designer and efficient workflow processing
- Secure and controlled availability anywhere, anytime, via online/mobile access
- The ability of the local partner to quickly and easily provide an onsite demonstration of the solution, including integration.
- Reliable and highly professional local customer service and support by reseller Cube Innovators Technologies LLC, who has expertise and experience in this vertical, and were able to help Prime Healthcare implementation best practices.
Benefiting from Contentverse
Complementing Prime HealthCare’s existing adherence to Medical compliance and their ISO Certification they were able to significantly enhance Document and Patient Records handling and security procedures.
Contentverse EasyIndex module enabled them to bulk scan the Goods Receipt Note documents and patient records applying Barcode and OCR recognition to auto fill some metadata values, while executing data lookup and retrieval, from their HIS system, to auto populate others. This negated the need for manual data entry and eliminated data entry risks inherent with manual data entry. In addition, patient records processed via EasyIndex were provided in XML file format as they needed.
The intelligent, rules-based workflow has significantly improved the medical equipment approval processes. This reduced paper consumption, eliminating physical transportation costs and the delays associated with staff members not having 24/7 access to approve.
With all the significant improvements in productivity and the cost benefits of electronic input, distribution, and processing, Prime Healthcare experienced a return on investment in a matter of weeks. With the existing configuration they can easily process their current input requirement and have ample capacity for transaction growth.
Contentverse met and exceeded expectations, greatly improving business processing, productivity, organization, and efficiency – especially regarding medical equipment and all other hospital related purchases approval and patient records processing.
You can download a PDF of this case study below.
Leave a Comment