ABBOTT – St. Jude Medical, Hyderabad develops medical technology and services that focus on putting more control into the hands of those who treat cardiac, neurological, and chronic pain patients worldwide. The product portfolio includes implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices, pacemakers, electrophysiology catheters, mapping and visualization systems, vascular closure devices, structural heart products, spinal cord stimulation and deep brain stimulation devices.
St. Jude Medicals in now ABBOTT.
A centralized Content and Document Management Solution for Finance, Regulatory, CS & Logistics, HR and IT Departments.
Need for a Document Management Solution:
St. Jude Medicals (Abbott) found that paper-based documents had disadvantages that include:
- Critical information is always locked away in physical documents
- Physical documents, after storage, are not easily retrievable
- Cannot be distributed instantly across geographic locations whenever there is a need
- Redundancy of physical documents occupying space, which is costly
- Huge wastage of man-hours in retrieving physical documents
- Maintaining Versions/Revisions, security, access log and meeting regulatory requirements is a bit pain area that needs to be automated.
- Very Important – huge risk of losing original documents due to hazards. They had already faced a natural hazard – a fire that lead to loss of critical documents.
A complete turnkey solution was designed based on Contentverse to meet their needs.
The project started with scanning of all physical records and digitally transforming them into Contentverse as electronic records.
The project also included uploading, organizing and establishing access controls for electronic documents.
Factors for Contentverse ROI
ABBOTT – St. Jude Medicals achieved a near instant ROI in the following areas:
- Compliance to regulatory requirements and SOX Guidelines for life sciences industry
- Contentverse was ready to use, no customizations required to meet their needs
- Efficiency in document creation, storage, and distribution
- All documents available centrally and on need-to-know basis
- Enhanced security of documents over physical storage
- Increased productivity when searching for documents
- Cost benefits of electronic distribution
- In-built viewer helped reduces 3rd party licensing costs
- Simple UI and UX leading to quick adoption
- The centralized electronic repository and the disaster recovery setup ensure no more loss of valuable content and documents due to hazards.